String Algae (blanketweed) control
- String Algae Control - treats 10,000 LitresPrice £18.00 exc. VATPrice £21.60 inc. VAT
- Barley Straw Extract - 0.5L treats 9000 LitresPrice £16.00 exc. VATPrice £19.20 inc. VAT
- Barley Straw Extract - 1L treats 18,000 LitresPrice £24.80 exc. VATPrice £29.76 inc. VAT
- Phosless LM Bulk: Treats up to 600m3Price £498.00 exc. VATPrice £597.60 inc. VAT
- Koi Pond Algae control - 5g treats 12,500LPrice £16.50 exc. VATPrice £19.80 inc. VAT
String algae (also known as blanketweed or filamentous algae) develops in a pond, lake or stream if the natural competitors for nutrients, the water plants, are missing from a pond or are lacking in quantity/variety. String algae can spread very rapidly and it is often found in moving water such as water courses, rock fountains, around water cascades, pond filter outlets etc.
You can try to 'weed out' the string algae but if you would like to clear the pond completely, Oase String algae control can work very effectively. The algae will disappear even quicker if additional means are applied such as stabilising the water, adding pond plants, particularly floating plants and so-called oxidising plants.
For a successful treatment with "String algae control" the water hardness must be increased to at least 5° dKH with the help of Hardness plus. (Test the water first). String algae control works particularly well during the vegetation period. You can often see blanket weed appear in early spring or late autumn when the water is still cold but clear.