The Blue Lagoon UV-C Ionizer offers a full disinfection system in one unit. The built in UV Clarifier sterilises and purifies the water as it passes over the Ultraviolet Light emitted inside the reaction chamber. As water exits the unit, it is secondarily treated through copper electrolysis. The electrolysis process emits electrically charged copper ions which seek particles of the opposite polarity such as bacteria, viruses and fungi. On contact the copper ions form electrostatic compounds which disrupt cell wall permeability, effectively starving the bacteria, viruses or fungi. The result being crystal clear, disinfected water.
The Blue Lagoon UV-C Ionizer removes the need for water treatments such as Chlorine and Bromine which tend to create strong odours and can cause irritation to lungs and eyes.
The built-in controller indicates when bulb, anode and cathode need replacing.
The Blue Lagoon UV-C Ionizer is suitable for ponds and water features which have NO LIVESTOCK.
Copper in water can be extremely toxic to aquatic life.
Not for use with chlorinated or salt water as toxic compounds can be created.More information