Ultraviolet Clarifiers Selection Guide
An intoduction to OASE Ultraviolet Clarifiers.
The OASE Vitronic is a simple, compact ultraviolet clarifier that effectively kills single-celled algae and thereby prevents green pond water. The Vitronic is suitable for ground installation in an inline flexible hose configuration between a filter pump and pond filter, featuring stable feet for mounting. Certain Vitronic UVC models can also be mounted directly to the larger OASE BioSmart flow through pond filters. The Vitronic features clear hose tail connectors for flow detection and a safe viewing window which indicates UV lamp is working. The OASE Vitronic is an efficient, cost effective UV for use on wildlife, fish or Koi ponds.
- * Compact, inline or filter mounted pond UV clarifier.
- * Suitable for ornamental ponds with no fish up to 60,000 litres.
- * Suitable for goldfish ponds up to 30,000 litres.
- * Suitable for Koi Carp ponds up to 15,000 litres.
The OASE Bitron is an innovative self-cleaning ultraviolet clarifier suitable for eliminating algae on wildlife, goldfish and Koi ponds, large or small. The Bitron can be installed independently at ground level or connected directly to the OASE BioSmart or BioTec Screenmatic flow-through pond filters. The Bitron UVC features a special twin outlet and flow bypass function which allows some of the incoming flow to bypass the UV lamp and exit straight into the filter, allowing optimum flow over the UV lamp for maximum efficiency. This UV clarifier also features an integral free-spinning helix which is powered by the flow of the pump being used for supply. This acts as a self-cleaning mechanism which keeps the quartz glass sleeve free of debris, preventing the UV lamp from becoming less exposed to the incoming water and algal blooms, ensuring consistent efficiency from the UV unit.
- * Innovative self-cleaning UV clarifier with special flow bypass.
- * Suitable for ornamental ponds with no fish up to 110,000 litres.
- * Suitable for goldfish ponds up to 55,000 litres.
- * Suitable for Koi Carp ponds up to 27,500 litres.
The OASE Bitron ECO is a highly efficient, intelligent, self-cleaning ultraviolet clarifier ideal for algae control on large ponds. This UV clarifier is equipped with special long-life UV lamps which will remain effective for 50% longer than standard UV. The Bitron ECO features power saving functions such as manual power usage regulator, on/off switch, digital temperature gauge and lamp life indicator which provides a running indication of remaining UV lamp-efficiency life. The Bitron ECO can be installed independently of fixed to the OASE BioTec ScreenMatic or ProfiClear Premium pond filters via the special twin outlet which also features an automatic flow bypass which adapts to the speed of the pump to maximise UV efficiency. This UV is designed to hold passing water for longer to increase algae exposure time and achieve an excellent kill rate. The Bitron ECO also contains a free-spinning helix which keeps the quartz sleeve and UV lamp clear of debris-masking.
- * Intelligent, power saving UV clarifier with digital control.
- * Suitable for ornamental ponds with no fish up to 240,000 litres.
- * Suitable for goldfish ponds up to 120,000 litres.
- * Suitable for Koi Carp ponds up to 60,000 litres.
The OASE Bitron Gravity is a stainless steel gravity-fed UV clarifier which is extremely efficient at algae elimination due to the prolonged UV exposure of gravity flow through. This unit is fitted with a standard 55 watt UV lamp but achieves efficiency far beyond a standard 55 watt ultraviolet clarifier due the excellent reflective properties of the stainless steel housing and lengthy exposure time achieved, enabling the Bitron Gravity UV to be used effectively on larger ponds. The Bitron Gravity is perfectly suited to installation onto modular filtration systems that are gravity fed via a bottom drain, such as the OASE Proficlear Premium modular filtration system which allows the Bitron Gravity unit to be mounted internally within the end module. This UV allows for flexible inline installation either vertically or horizontally and its modular design allows further Bitron Gravity unit to be connected in sequence if required.
- * Highly efficient, reflective, stainless steel, gravity supplied UV clarifier.
- * Suitable for ornamental ponds with no fish up to 70,000 litres.
- * Suitable for goldfish ponds up to 40,000 litres.
- * Suitable for Koi Carp ponds up to 20,000 litres.