Green Water and Dirty Water Treatments
- Pond Clear - treats 10,000 LitresPrice £18.00 exc. VATPrice £21.60 inc. VAT
- Pond Clear BULK - treats 100,000 LitresPrice £90.50 exc. VATPrice £108.60 inc. VAT
- String Algae Control - treats 10,000 LitresPrice £18.00 exc. VATPrice £21.60 inc. VAT
- Barley Straw Extract - 0.5L treats 9000 LitresPrice £26.00 exc. VATPrice £31.20 inc. VAT
- Barley Straw Extract - 1L treats 18,000 LitresPrice £47.00 exc. VATPrice £56.40 inc. VAT
Visibly green pond water is caused by single-celled algae, millions of microscopic organisms suspended in the water, reproducing exponentially and creating the illusion that the pond water itself has turned green.
As well as looking and smelling unpleasant, algae blooms can have a very negative impact on the pond, using vast amounts of dissolved oxygen at night and preventing sunlight from penetrating through the water. This can in turn impact on fish, aquatic plants and other pond life which simply cannot compete with the ever-increasing algae domination.
Water treatments, chemical or natural can be used to kill algae and prevent further reproduction through the removal of key nutrients that algae feed on.